What does safe working practices mean to Bulk Fuel Australia?
- 17 November 2017
Bulk Fuel Australia has been supporting Australian businesses and individual operators around the clock, seven days a week for ten years. Our biggest priority is ensuring our products are high quality, our customer service is exceptional and our safety practices exceed Australian law and standards.
Our belief is that occupational health and safety doesn’t just mean ticking the boxes of a compliance task sheet and abiding the laws – although that IS crucial for every Australian business. It means we practice good work design. What is good work design, you might ask? Good work design focuses on the mindset of our staff right through to our supply chain and our customers, to ensure overall wellbeing in maintained and we create an environment where people want to help each other stay happy, engaged and safe.
So, what are our core principles and how does it benefit you?
Our principles are in place to optimise our culture and produce a greater output for our customers. Understanding effective health, safety and work design can transform a workplace and benefit all involved. These are the five principles we emphasise at Bulk Fuel Australia:
- Safety and Personal Security - this means we make sure our people work in an environment where safety and personal security is the primary concern and responsibility of each and every one us – regardless of whether you are a contractor or have worked for us since the early days.
- Exceeding our clients' expectations – we strive to go above and beyond for our customers and we will always be happy, positive, helpful and down to earth approach at all times;
- Honesty and Integrity – this means being beyond reproach in all our dealings with people in our business and to be fair to all concerned every day
- Working together – this is about recognising the contribution of each person in our business while providing an atmosphere of enjoyment, dealing with the truth at all times, co-operation and respect
- Growing and developing our people – No one deserves to get left behind in a changing workforce. We strive to provide our people with the learning opportunities for personal growth and development
Our commitment to safety at work is actioned through our policies. A snapshot of these policies involves:
- Conducting our activities in a way that protects the environment and the health and safety of its employees, contractors, customers and the community and prevents incidents at our facilities.
- Ensuring that the premises, sites or vehicles under our control are safe. The duty extends not only to the actual place of work but to the totality of Bulk Fuel Australia to which an employee and others will normally have access, including amenities and places of access and egress.
- Having a safe system of work, which includes (but is not limited to) the layout of the workplace, methods of utilisation of machinery and equipment provided, suitability of appliance and the manpower required to operate them, provision of proper instruction, warnings and notices as to the operation of the system, maintenance of an adequate system of housekeeping and taking normal care to employ a competent and adequate workforce - and adequate and competent staff to supervise and manage the business - so that the work can be carried out safely.
If you’re interested in staying up-to-date with all the latest on fuel news, trends and policies, sign up for our monthly newsletter now, and if you’re looking to improve the safety of bulk fuel supply and storage, or if you’re looking to work for a business that puts the health and well-being of its people first, get in touch with Bulk Fuel Australia today on 1300 579 990.